Current News Releases

  • 01/16/2009 Sprinkler System Limits Damage at Madison Newspapers

    Four sprinkler heads were all that was needed to extinguish an early morning fire at Madison Newspapers today.

  • 01/15/2009 One Person Injured in Apartment Fire

    One person received non-life-threatening injuries at an apartment fire late last night. Madison Fire Department paramedics transported the occupant to St. Mary's Hospital for treatment of his injuries.

  • 01/15/2009 Fire Causes $50,000 Damage

    The residents of a campus apartment building are safe tonight following a fire that caused $50,000 damage. A resident of 321 Walnut Street discovered the fire in her apartment and went outside.

  • 01/14/2009 MFD Partners With County, Libraries, Red Cross for Citywide CCR Training

    City of Madison Community Education officers will join with Red Cross volunteers to provide free cardio cerebral resuscitation (CCR) training at six City of Madison library branches.

  • 01/13/2009 Gas Pump Safety

    With the extreme cold temperatures and more snow predicted, it's a good idea to make sure you keep your gas tank at least half full.

  • 01/13/2009 Cold Weather Fire Safety

    The City of Madison Fire Department reminds residents that electrical fires are a special concern during the winter months, which call for more indoor activities and increased use of lighting, heating and appliances.

  • 01/12/2009 Chimney Fire Causes $50,000 Damage

    City of Madison firefighters were dispatched to 508 S. Prospect this morning at 3:08 for a chimney fire.

  • 01/12/2009 Shop Fire at MATC Damages Equipment

    City of Madison Firefighters responded to a fire on MATC's Truax campus Saturday at 6:44 a.m. The call came in as an alarm sounding at the main building of the campus, 3550 Anderson St.

  • 12/29/2008 Two People, Two Cats Escape Burning Home

    A couple and their two cats are safe following a fire in their home this morning. All four escaped from the fire that caused approximately $25,000 damage to their home at 1709 Hooker Avenue.

  • 12/26/2008 Fire Extinguished at Carpet Cleaning Business

    City of Madison firefighters extinguished a fire at White Knight Carpet Cleaning located at 2517 Advance Road late Friday night.

  • 12/26/2008 Carelessly Discarded Cigarette Starts Fire

    A carelessly discarded cigarette is listed as the cause of a fire that damaged the Paradise Liquor Store on Tuesday, December 23.

  • 12/18/2008 Not Just Hydrants - Clear Snow and Ice from Emergency Exits

    With more snow on the way, the City of Madison Fire Department reminds all residents to help keep fire hydrants clear. But there are other areas that require special attention.