Current News Releases
12/26/2008 Fire Extinguished at Carpet Cleaning Business
City of Madison firefighters extinguished a fire at White Knight Carpet Cleaning located at 2517 Advance Road late Friday night.
12/26/2008 Carelessly Discarded Cigarette Starts Fire
A carelessly discarded cigarette is listed as the cause of a fire that damaged the Paradise Liquor Store on Tuesday, December 23.
12/18/2008 Not Just Hydrants - Clear Snow and Ice from Emergency Exits
With more snow on the way, the City of Madison Fire Department reminds all residents to help keep fire hydrants clear. But there are other areas that require special attention.
12/17/2008 Snow-Covered Ice Results in Increased Falls
Yesterday's snowfall masked slippery spots on streets and sidewalks that resulted in an unusual number of emergency calls for falls.
12/17/2008 Children Injured in Cooking Mishap
Two City of Madison children - a 3- and a 4-year-old - were injured in a cooking accident attheir home Monday night.
12/10/2008 Christmas Tree Safety
Each year, fire departments respond to an average of 210 structure fires caused by Christmas trees. Keep your holiday safe by following some simple guidelines:
12/08/2008 Fire on Glenway Street Causes $50,000 Damage to Home
On Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 12:35 AM, City of Madison Firefighters were called to a structure fire at 40 Glenway Street.
12/04/2008 MFD Flags at Half-Staff in Memory of Retired Assistant Chief Carl Saxe
Flags at all City of Madison firehouses are at half-staff following the death of former Assistant Chief Carl Saxe. Saxe died at his home yesterday morning.
11/25/2008 Fire Chief Amesqua presents Reading Rocks Chairs to Elementary Students
City of Madison Fire Chief Debra Amesqua read to Jean Kokott's 1st grade class at Mendota Elementary School from a brand new wooden rocking chair after presenting six new chairs to the Madison Metropolitan School Dist
11/11/2008 MFD Station #12 to be Named in Memory of Dr. Darren Bean
The City of Madison Fire Department's newest fire station - #12, will be named for the Department's former Medical Director, Dr. Darren Bean. Dr. Bean was killed in a Med Flight crash last May.
11/07/2008 Four Escape Duplex Fire
A mother and three children escaped a fire in their duplex last night. City of Madison firefighters were called to 8 Corona Ct. shortly after 8:00 p.m. for a report of a structure fire.
10/06/2008 Fire Prevention Week a Great Time to Plan for Safety
The City of Madison Fire Department is inviting the community to get involved in fire prevention and safety to mark Fire Prevention Week.