Current News Releases
07/01/2014 Kitchen Fire Damages Apartment
A kitchen fire caused approximately $10,000 damage to an efficiency apartment at 2120 University Avenue Tuesday night. City of Madison firefighters received the call for a structure fire at 8:43 pm.
07/01/2014 “Safe & Sane” Fireworks? No Such Thing.
As sure as dandelions crop up in the spring, the onset of summer brings a surge of fireworks stands in anticipation of the 4th of July holiday.
06/30/2014 Two People Displaced by House Fire
City of Madison firefighters battled a house fire late last night on the city’s near east side. Engine Company 3 was dispatched at 11:23 p.m. Sunday for a fire in the 1200 block of Rutledge St.
06/17/2014 Road Closures Due to Downed Trees and Safety Guidelines
Cleanup has begun to areas affected by last night’s severe weather. The attached map lists road closures within the city due to downed trees.
06/17/2014 Severe Weather Event
Early this morning, a line of severe weather struck the City of Madison in several areas. This severe weather caused heavy damage to trees, the electrical grid, homes, and commercial buildings in multiple neighborhoods th
06/17/2014 Roofs Torn From Homes on West Side
Shortly after midnight, 911 Communications received calls from multiple residents on Friar Lane, reporting their roof was just torn from their home.
06/13/2014 Children Escape Fire Safely
Three children escaped without injury from a house fire this afternoon on Madison’s eastside. The fire started in a bedroom after two of the children were playing with a lighter.
06/10/2014 Safety Saturday Event On The Capitol Square
Safety Saturday returns to the Capitol Square this weekend, June 14th from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
06/10/2014 Sprinkler System Prevents Major Damage
Water from a single fire sprinkler controlled a bedroom fire in the Tower Apartments at Oakwood Village West Monday night. Damage was minimal and one person was transported to the hospital for a minor injury.
06/02/2014 One Adult and One Child Transported to Hospital After Kitchen Fire
One adult and one child were transported to UW Hospital for possible smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire on Madison’s West side Thursday afternoon.
05/26/2014 Pot of Oil Left on Stove Caused $40,000 in Damage
An east side home suffered $40,000 in damage after a pot of oil was left on the stove.
05/25/2014 Hot Ashes in Garage Lead to Fire
Hot ashes placed in a paper bag and left in the garage lead to a garage fire on Madison’s far east side this afternoon. The fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to the garage and its contents.