Located at Nelson Road and Morgan Way, Station 11 provides coverage to the far-northeast side of Madison. Engine 11 covers many newly-developed commercial and residential areas, including The American Center and Oakwood Village East.
Engine 11 also provides first-in response to the Interstate (I90/I94) between Highways 12/18 and Highway 151. Station 11 opened in 2005 and has a modern design with architectural and energy-saving features.
Station 11 takes pride in its rural setting close to the Interstate System and several major highways. The crew of Engine 11 works closely with the State Patrol to coordinate Interstate rescue operations while keeping traffic flowing on this vital thoroughfare. Station 11 also trains with several mutual-aid departments to provide water supply and fire suppression in areas without fire hydrants.
- Engine 11 – a 2017 Pierce Quantum Pumper manufactured in Appleton, WI with a Hale fire pump rated at 1250 gallons per minute. It has a 500-gallon booster tank and carries an additional 20 gallons of foam for Class A fires. It contains four pre-connected fire attack lines and a compliment of 5” and 2 ½” supply lines. In addition to firefighting and rescue tools, E11 carries a full complement of EMS equipment. Engine 11 has a gross vehicle weight of 46,800 pounds and is powered by a 400 hp Cummins diesel engine which provides a top speed of 65 miles per hour.
- Reserve Rigs – Station 11 is often the home to several reserve apparatuses.
- Car 43 – a 2014 Ford F250 Utility Truck assigned to the east district Captain.
- ATV units – Station 11 houses three specialized ATVs. These are used as a Medical Transport Unit and a specialized 6'x6' mini-ambulance used to facilitate patient transport at special events.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (Driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
Fire Stations 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13 have community rooms available for meetings. Please refer to our Policy for Use of Fire Station Meeting Rooms. To reserve a room, contact Dawn Turner at 608-261-9829.
Station Eleven's News
Peer Support Program Offers A Helping Hand To First Responders Coping With Stress, Trauma Posted 01/24/2019Read more »
Meet Medical Director Dr. Megan Gussick Posted 06/14/2018Read more »
'Tactical Athlete' Program Aims To Reduce Injuries, Maximize Performance Posted 04/27/2018When a firefighter is injured, it’s critical they make a fast and thorough recovery before returning to duty. Not only does the community depend on a healthy workforce to perform heroic tasks at a moment’s notice, oftentimes physical injury can also take a psychological toll on the firefighter, who's sidelined as they recover. Read more »
Recruit Class 7 Graduates the MFD Fire Academy Posted 04/24/201818 firefighter recruits walked across the stage last Friday to receive their badges and pledge an oath to serve and protect the City of Madison with integrity, courtesy, respect, compassion, and trustworthiness. Read more »
Meet Firefighter Nickolas George Posted 03/26/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Station 11 (Morgan Way) on Shift C. Read more »