Station 9 is located on Madison's near-west side. It houses Engine 9 and Squad 9 and is staffed daily by four firefighters who work 24-hour shifts. The firehouse was built in 1957 to accommodate Madison's then-west side.
- Engine 9 – a 2012 Pierce Quantum. It has a 1250 gallons-per-minute fire pump and a complement of ground ladders, fire hose, and tools. In addition, Engine 9 carries emergency medical equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear.
- Squad 9 – a 2000 Pierce Squad provides an air cascade system, tower lighting, extrication tools, and rehab supplies.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
In the early 1950s the University of Wisconsin-Madison Board of Regents formed a plan to sell 600 acres of University Hill Farms land (which was used by the School of Agriculture) to an expanding City of Madison. Station 9 was built a few years before the construction of Hilldale Shopping Center. In a nod to that early history, the crew has claimed and celebrates its identity as The Original West Side of Madison.
Station Nine's News
Assistant Chief Clay Christenson Retires From MFD Posted 05/10/2019The Madison Fire Department said goodbye last week to Assistant Chief Clay Christenson, whose vision and commitment to public safety leaves a lasting legacy that will benefit the community for years to come. Read more »
Meet Apparatus Engineer Kirk Munden Posted 04/05/2019Where are you stationed? I'm at Station 9 (Midvale Blvd.) on the 'A' shift. How long have you been with MFD? I've been with MFD for nine years. Read more »
Peer Support Program Offers A Helping Hand To First Responders Coping With Stress, Trauma Posted 01/24/2019Read more »
Meet Lieutenant Eric Mills Posted 07/12/2018Four new lieutenants were recently promoted at the MFD. Get to know them all week long on the MFD Blog! Where are you stationed? I am stationed at Firehouse 9 (Midvale/Regent) on the C shift. Read more »
Meet Medical Director Dr. Megan Gussick Posted 06/14/2018Read more »