Fire Station 10 is located on the north side of the city at 1517 Troy Drive. The station houses an engine crew and an ambulance.
The station began operations in 1962. It was formerly used as a fallout shelter for the community.
- Engine 10 – a 2019 Pierce Quantum Fire Engine with a 1250 gallons-per-minute Hale pump, 500-gallon water tank, and 20-gallon foam tank. Additional EMS equipment is also carried on board to be utilized by the crew. Engine 10 is also designed with several cancer prevention options for firefighter health. These upgrades will ease the cleaning of equipment and personnel after a fire.
- Medic 10 - a 2017 Ford E-450 with a Braun Advanced Life Support patient compartment. It carries a full complement of advanced life support medicine and equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear. To aide in patient and paramedic safety, it operates with a Stryker power-loading cot.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the engine
- 2 Firefighters staffing the engine
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance
Station 10's first-due territory serves the neighborhoods throughout Madison's north side and ranges from the Kraft/Oscar Mayer area through Warner Beach and Park towards Token Creek and Waunakee. Off-duty, many personnel further contribute to the community in local, national, and international volunteer service. It is their diverse backgrounds and skills that lend to the success and unity of the Station 10 crew's daily service delivery.
The crew has adopted a logo with a firefighting Mallard to note the station's proximity to the home of the Madison Mallards baseball team.
Station Ten's News
New Engine Now In Service On City's North Side Posted 12/19/2018A new engine went into service at Fire Station 10 on December 18! This apparatus, manufactured by Appleton-based Pierce Manufacturing, Inc., is one of two new rigs to enter our fleet. Fire Station 8, located on Madison's east side, also received a new engine last week. Read more »
Northside Firefighters Assist Man Off Roof, Finish Cleaning His Gutters Posted 11/30/2018Earlier this month, Engine Company 10 and Medic 10 (C shift) responded to a home in their territory where a man was on his roof, cleaning the gutters, and suddenly needed medical attention. Read more »
Meet Firefighter Brennan Boughton Posted 10/31/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Read more »
Meet Firefighter Marshall Angst Posted 10/25/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Read more »
Meet Firefighter Ryan Dostalek Posted 10/17/2018Seventeen new firefighters now serve at a fire station near you! Get to know them by subscribing to the MFD Blog. Where are you stationed? Read more »