Fire Station #8 is located on Lien Road on Madison’s eastside near East Towne Mall. Station #8 was relocated in 1990 from old fire station #8 on North Street. Old Station #8 was staffed with 8 firefighters. It is currently owned by retired firefighter, and unofficial MFD historian Mike Fuss. Station #8 is a double company, staffed daily with 10 firefighters who work 24 hour shifts.
Station 8 also houses equipment for the Department's Heavy Urban Rescue Team (HURT). HURT is trained for technical rescues that may include incidents involving confined spaces, trench collapses, or high ropes rescue.
- Ladder #8 – 2010 Pierce Quantum Aerial with a TAK4 suspension, featuring a 105 aerial ladder with water tower, ground ladders, a 1500gpm pump with 500 gallon booster tank, attack and supply fire hose, ventilation equipment, hand tools and extrication equipment. Ladder #8 also carries emergency medical equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear.
- Engine #8 – 2009 Pierce Quantum Engine featuring a 1250gpm pump with 500 gallon booster tank, ground ladders, attack and supply fire hose, tools and equipment. Engine #8 also carries emergency medical equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear.
- Medic #8 – 2006 Ford F450 Braun Advanced Life Support Paramedic ambulance. Medic #8 carries a full complement of advanced life support equipment including a defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear.
- HURT 8 - 2005 Quantum chassis, Detroit Diesel Series 60 455HP engine, breathing air, command station, receiver hitches on all sides w/9000 lb. winch, storage for plywood & ladders in rear, cribbing compartments, TAK-4™ Independent Front Suspension, Command Zone#8482; advanced electronics system, "L" shaped desk w/hinged top dry erase board, 15" LED flat mounted TV monitor on swivel bracket. Pelco video observation system, half-width compartment in hatch compartments for storage of cascade bottles on top, Cascade system. 50' three section pole ladder stored in the rear, 2 Wilber 9000 Night Scan light masts, (4) electric cord reels.
Station #8 is staffed with:
- 2 Lieutenants – Station officers, 1 on the Ladder and 1 on the Engine.
- 2 Apparatus Engineers (driver) – 1 on the Ladder and 1 on the Engine.
- 4 Firefighters – 2 on the Ladder and 2 on the Engine.
- 2 Firefighter/ Paramedics on the ambulance.
FIRE STATION #8
3945 Lien Rd.
Madison, WI 53704
Station #8 has adopted as its station logo a flaming 8 ball, with the motto On the ball.