City of Madison Logo
Madison Fire Department
Committed to recruiting and retaining a qualified, diverse, inclusive and safe fire workforce.

Station nine

Station 9 is located on Madison's near west side. It is staffed daily with four firefighters and two firefighter / paramedics who work 24-hour shifts. Station 9 houses an Engine Company and Medic Unit. The firehouse was built in 1957 to accommodate Madison's then-west side. Station 9 is a single company station.
Fire Station 9

Equipment

  • Engine 9 - 2003 Pierce Quantum-H. It has a 1250 gallon per minute fire pump and a complement of ground ladders, fire hose, and tools.
  • Medic 9 - 2008 Ford E450 Advanced Life Support level ambulance

Station #9 is staffed with:

  • 1 Lieutenant - Station officer overseeing crew
  • 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) - operates the engine
  • 2 Firefighters - staffing the engine
  • 2 Paramedics - staffing the ambulance

FIRE STATION #9
201 N. Midvale Blvd.
Madison, WI 53705

Fire Station 9 Logo
In the early 1950's the University of Wisconsin-Madison Board of Regents formed a plan to sell 600 acres of University Hill Farms land (which was used by the School of Agriculture) to an expanding city of Madison. Station 9 was built a few years before the construction of Hilldale Shopping Center. In a nod to that early history, the crew has claimed and celebrates its identity as The Original West Side of Madison.
Free Car Seat Check
Fire Station Tours