Community Budget Conversations
It may be hard to believe, but the first of this year's Community Budget Conversations will be held in April. I know many of you were able to attend last year's meetings that were held around the city. Last year we were able to receive input from hundreds of residents and at the time I promised we would start earlier in 2012. As you can see from the information below, you are also invited to take the City Budget Survey online. The information you provide regarding your priorities for the city is very helpful to city alders, staff, and me as we begin work on the 2013 City Capital and Operating budget.
Please join your neighbors, alders, city staff, and me to help develop the city's 2013 budget. In these challenging times, citizen involvement is more important than ever. We invite you to participate in person and online. http://www.cityofmadison.com/budgetProcess/
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
• Attend a community conversation
• Participate in the Budget Survey
• Hold a Budget Conversation in your neighborhood
• Thursday, April 12, 7-9pm
Warner Park Recreation Center
1625 Northport Drive
• Monday, April 16, 7-9pm
Olbrich Gardens Evjue Commons
3330 Atwood Avenue
• Thursday, April 26, 7-9pm
Madison Senior Center
330 West Mifflin Street
• Monday, April 30, 7-9pm
Wright Middle School Gym
1717 Fish Hatchery Road
Wednesday, May 2, 7-9pm
Toki Middle School
5606 Russett Road
Please Note: Due to the May 8 election, the May Budget Conversation has been moved to May 2, 7-9pm at Toki Middle School.
Learn more at: http://www.cityofmadison.com/budgetProcess/
I hope you can join me at one of the meetings. I look forward to seeing you and hearing your ideas on City budget priorities.
Email to a friend
- Borrowing for The CIty Budget - Limi...
- Community Budget Conversations
- Speech to Madison Downtown Rotary Se...
- Bicycling Madison Style: The 2012 Ca...
- City Budget and the Premium
- City of Madison Capital Budget Messa...
- Madison Capital Budget 2012: The Cha...
- Reviewing the Capital Budget - Contr...
- Back by popular demand-Meet and Eat ...
- Community Garden at Brittingham Park
- Healthy Foods Contribute to Healthy ...
- Thoughts about Food on Thanksgiving