- All Agencies
- Building Inspection
- Civil Rights
- Common Council
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Goodman Pool
- Housing Authority
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Madison City Channel
- Madison Public Library
- Madison Senior Center
- Mayor's Office
- Metro Transit
- Monona Terrace
- Municipal Court
- Office of Business Resources
- Office of Economic Revitalization
- Office of Real Estate Services
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Parking Utility
- Planning, Community & Economic Development
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Public Works
- Streets & Recycling
- Traffic Engineering
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Water Utility
eNews from Mayor Paul R. Soglin July 2014
City News & Updates
I joined several distinguished Mayors from all over the country for the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Dallas this past weekend. I am proud to say that our resolution reinforcing net neutrality passed unanimously. Net Neutrality is the standard that all internet traffic be treated equally, regardless of user or data usage. This principle prevents large Internet Service Providers from providing faster loading speeds to those willing to pay the highest price for them.
I appreciated the calls from many members of the Madison community encouraging my support of this resolution protecting net neutrality, and I look forward to working on this issue in the future.
From food to software, Madison is driving the innovation engine of Wisconsin. Across the country, Madison is known for the groundbreaking research being conducted at the University of Wisconsin and, increasingly, for our leadership in the food economy. Taking the maker challenge will elevate our profile as an engine of creativity and entrepreneurship.
Madison Parks and the City of Madison are happy to present the annual Elver Park Fireworks Celebration on Thursday, July 3, 2014 - 9:30 PM
Goodman South Madison Library to Host Created Equal: America's Civil Rights Struggle Film Discussions
The Madison Public Library will pair excerpts from the documentaries with a discussion led by a local humanities scholar. Participants can expect to be enthralled by the remarkable stories of the individuals who challenged the social and legal status quo of deeply rooted institutions, from slavery to segregation. They then can participate in a thought-provoking discussion tailored to this reaction and the feedback or shared life experiences of the group.
Madison Meet & Eat is expanding to three neighborhoods throughout Madison. Events will be held on the Westside at Meadowood Shopping Center, Central Madison at Brittingham Park and on the Northside at Warner Park.
Homeowners from across the area have been contacting Madison Water Utility concerned about new letters they've received from a company called HomeServe USA. HomeServe is the same company that sent official-looking letters to homeowners in March offering insurance for water service lateral lines (the pipe that runs from the water main under the street to a home).
Lakeside Kids!: Come to Monona Terrace on Wednesday mornings and enjoy this eclectic and educational program designed for children ages four and up.
Concerts on the Rooftop: A truly unique Madison experience! Enjoy spectacular local bands accompanied by the best views in the city!
Road Works Construction
View more Roadworks projects
Act of Love Variety Show, July 11, 8:00pm to 11:00pm
- Independence Day Pool Party, 07/03/2014 Goodman Pool
- Yoga at Olin Park Pavilion, 07/03/2014 Olin Park
- Capitol City Band, 07/03/2014 Rennebohm Park
- Elver Park Fireworks, 07/03/2014 Elver Park
- Northside Independence Day: A Family Celebration, 07/05/2014 Warner Park
- USA Cycling National Championships, 07/06/2014 to 07/07/2014 Capitol Square
- Celebrate Our Nature Heritage at Cherokee Marsh, 07/06/2014 Cherokee Marsh - North Unit
- 20 Feet from Stardom (documentary film), 07/07/2014 Alicia Ashman Library
- Meet the Author: Marnie Mamminga, 07/08/2014 Madison Senior Center
- Concert in the Breese, 07/08/2014 Breese Stevens Athletic Field
- Lakeside Kids!- Songs in the Key of Art by Greg Percy- Exhibition Hall, 07/09/2014 Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
- Created Equal Film Series Presents Slavery By Another Name, with Fabu Carter, 07/09/2014 Goodman South Madison Library
- Hollywood Superstar Party, 07/10/2014 Goodman Pool
- Concerts on the Rooftop - Shagadelics, 07/10/2014 Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
- Stargazing in Madison Parks, 07/14/2014 Garner Park
Go to the City Event Calendar for more fun City and Community events!