- All Agencies
- Building Inspection
- Civil Rights
- Common Council
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Goodman Pool
- Housing Authority
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Madison City Channel
- Madison Public Library
- Madison Senior Center
- Mayor's Office
- Metro Transit
- Monona Terrace
- Municipal Court
- Office of Business Resources
- Office of Economic Revitalization
- Office of Real Estate Services
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Parking Utility
- Planning, Community & Economic Development
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Public Works
- Streets & Recycling
- Traffic Engineering
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Water Utility
eNews from Mayor Paul R. Soglin December 2015
I am pleased to announce that the City of Madison has reached Platinum status as a bicycle friendly community from the League of American Bicyclists; platinum status is the highest rank and is shared by only 4 other cities! Madison is the first city to join the Platinum ranking since 2013.
This ranking is a reflection of the hard work and partnership between the City of Madison, many cycling enthusiasts, Trek, and Madison B-Cycle to create bike paths and bike lanes, and transform Madison into a cycling city! Aside from the environmental benefits, being a bike friendly city has positive effects on our transportation systems and keeps our residents healthy. Thank you to all those cyclists who continue to advocate for and share input to improve our bike culture! We couldn't have done it without all of you!
City News & Updates
For the past ten years, William Greer has served as President and CEO of Journey Mental Health Center, an organization whose mission is to improve people's lives by pioneering and sustaining effective mental health and substance abuse services.
"After reading the application nominating Bill and hearing incredible anecdotes about his work - and his style, we are very excited about his selection. His gentle, respectful approach to problem solving and community building truly honor Jeff's legacy," said Jeff Erlanger's mother Pam.
A wonderful group of neighborhood residents and other supporters turned out on a rainy, windy Saturday morning to see three new art projects adjoining the recent construction on Verona Road.
Artists Reginald Baylor, Marcia Yapp and Elizabeth Doyle worked with area residents to create site-specific, community sensitive projects. Neighbors collaborated with the artists and with each other to create art that reflects their values and ideas.
I am so grateful to all the people who worked so hard to make this public art project possible. This effort activated the neighborhood and really reflects the values of the people living in this area of the City. Make sure you take some time to get a closer view of this amazing work!
Make plans for Saturday, December 5 to visit and shop over 80 handcraft vendors at Warner Park Community Recreation Center. It's the perfect place to find a unique gift for that special someone (or for yourself)!
The three most important things to remember about the new system are:
- There will be no effect for the majority of property owners who pay all of their taxes in December.
- The four due dates will be: January 31st, March 31st, May 31st, and July 31st.
- All payments on current taxes will be made to the City Treasurer.
To learn more, visit the Treasurer's Website
- Where Do I Park? Check the widget: cityofmadison.com/WhereDoIPark
- Go to cityofmadison.com/winter & subscribe to Declared Snow Emergency email / text alerts
- Call the 24/7 Winter Parking Hotline: (608) 261-9111
- Facebook: facebook.com/cityofmadisonwinter
- Twitter: twitter.com/madisonwinter
Madsion Parks Public Input Meetings
- Berkley Park Public Input Meeting 12/03/2015 | Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Sycamore Park Public Input Meeting 12/03/2015 | Kennedy Elementary School
- Raymond Ridge Public Input Meeting 12/03/2015 | Meadowridge Library
- Waunona Park Public Input Meeting 12/08/2015 | Bourbon Street Grille
- Quarry Park Public Input Meeting 12/14/2015 | First Baptist Church
- Esther Beach Park Public Input Meeting 12/16/2015 | Bourbon Street Grille
- Wheeler Park Public Input Meeting 12/17/2015 | Warner Park Community Recreation Center
Bus Lines 2015-16 Open Call for Poetry
Attention all area residents, students, transit riders and writers!
Metro Transit and Madison's Poets Laureate invite you to send short poems, haiku, prose poems, or excerpts from longer poems, 3-5 lines total, to the Bus Lines 2015/16 open call for poetry.
The theme is "Write Your Madison." Help us see what you see and hear what you hear. Share your poetry stories about Madison with the thousands of passengers who share the bus with you every day.
Poems can be submitted in English, Spanish or even Spanglish! Select work will appear on Metro promotional materials including the exterior of a bus.
Submission details are at www.cityofmadison.com/metro/poetry
- Festival of Wreaths 11/10/2015 to 12/04/2015 Madison Senior Center
- The Electric Group presents Holiday Fantasy in Lights 11/14/2015 to 01/03/2016 Olin Park
- NIGHT LIGHT - Of Beards and Men 12/04/2015 Central Library
- 19th Annual Madison Fair Trade Holiday Festival 12/05/2015 Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
- 16th Annual HolidayFest 12/05/2015 Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- FREE Bird & Nature Guided Walk â€“ December 6 12/06/2015 Cherokee Marsh - North Unit
- Return to Pearl - An Old Glory Honor Flight 12/07/2015 Madison Senior Center
- Meet with a Neighborhood Officer (Chat with a Cop) 12/08/2015 Goodman South Madison Library
- Bubbler Junior: Bookmaking with Angela Richardson 12/10/2015 Alicia Ashman Library
- Warner Family Fun Night - Friday, December 11 12/11/2015 Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- FREE Bird & Nature Guided Walk - December 13 12/13/2015 Turville Point Conservation Park
- FREE Bird & Nature Guided Walk - December 20 12/20/2015 Warner Park
- Dinner & a Movie 12/22/2015 Central Library
Go to the City Event Calendar for more fun City and Community events!