- All Agencies
- Building Inspection
- Civil Rights
- Common Council
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Goodman Pool
- Housing Authority
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Madison City Channel
- Madison Public Library
- Madison Senior Center
- Mayor's Office
- Metro Transit
- Monona Terrace
- Municipal Court
- Office of Business Resources
- Office of Economic Revitalization
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Parking Utility
- Planning, Community & Economic Development
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Public Works
- Real Estate Services
- Streets & Recycling
- Traffic Engineering
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Water Utility
eNews from Mayor Paul R. Soglin December 2014
Recently, I joined Madison Metro General Manager, Chuck Kamp for a press conference to encourage safe use of Madison streets. With cars, buses, bicycles, and pedestrian traffic, it is essential to practice safe habits when sharing the roads. The press conference included surveillance footage from Metro buses, in which distractions led to dangerous situations. The footage was astounding and the close calls were incredibly frightening.
City News & Updates
The three most important things to remember about the new system are:
- There will be no effect for the majority of property owners who pay all of their taxes in December.
- The four due dates will be: January 31st, March 31st, May 31st, and July 31st.
- All payments on current taxes will be made to the City Treasurer.
To learn more, visit the Treasurer's Website
Winter in Madison Parks is a time for fun!
This year Olbrich features a world of LEGO® creation! Elaborate models of space cruisers, pirate ships, Victorian homes and more take up residence along the tracks in an exciting display of engineering and imagination. The Holiday Express will be open 10am - 4pm daily, December 6 - 31. Closes at 2pm on December 24 and closed on December 25 and January 1.
Nan and Leslie are clearly outstanding role models, and they demonstrate a civility and civic commitment that is part of what makes our City a great place to live. Congratulations to Nan Brien and Leslie Ann Howard!
Relax during the holidays at the Madison Senior Center's Classic English Tea on Friday, December 5 from 2 - 4pm.
Join us for the annual HolidayFest Arts & Craft Show on Saturday, December 6, 2014 from 9am - 3pm. Over 80 crafters from the Midwest will be selling their handmade goods.
Plan Extra Time In Your Commute!
During periods of heavy snow and ice, buses will likely fall behind. Buses are slowed down by snow and surrounding traffic. Therefore, passengers are encouraged to take an earlier trip and plan extra time for the commute.
Allowing for extra time is the best way to get around during winter weather travel.
- Where Do I Park? Check the widget: cityofmadison.com/WhereDoIPark
- Go to cityofmadison.com/winter & subscribe to Declared Snow Emergency email / text alerts
- Call the 24/7 Winter Parking Hotline: (608) 261-9111
- Facebook: facebook.com/cityofmadisonwinter
- Twitter: twitter.com/madisonwinter
Public Input Needed
- Waltham Park Playground - 2nd Public Input Meeting Tuesday, December 2 at 6pm
- Badger Park Playground - 2nd Public Input Meeting Thursday, December 4 at 6pm
- Sunridge Park Playground - 2nd Public Input Meeting Thursday, December 4 at 6pm
Art Experiences at the Bubbler @ Madison Public Central Library
Madison Public Library
For December's Night Light event, join local spoken word and hip-hop artist Rob Dz for an exclusive listening party for his upcoming album "The Good Guy Memoirs."
Rob brings elements of jazz, R&B, funk, and gospel together to create a unique and soulful sound that has garnered local and national acclaim.
- Maker Mondays: Perler Beads 12/01/2014 Meadowridge Library
- First Monday, First Person: A Memoir Writers' Monthly Salon 12/01/2014 Goodman South Madison Library
- Poetry Open Mic 12/04/2014 Central Library
- Book, Bake, AV and Craft Sale 12/05/2014 Goodman South Madison Library
- Classic English Tea 12/05/2014 Madison Senior Center
- HolidayFest Arts and Craft Fair 12/06/2014 Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- Kids GET IT! 12/06/2014 Madison Public Library
- Bird and Nature Walks - December 7 12/07/2014 Cherokee Marsh - North Unit
- Meet the Author: Dale Kushner 12/09/2014 Madison Senior Center
- Warner Family Fun Nights - December 12 12/12/2014 Warner Park Community Recreation Center
- 10-11-12-13-14 Walk 12/13/2014 Inn on the Park
- Bird and Nature Walks - December 13 12/13/2014 Turville Point
- Crestwood Elementary School Annual Holiday Bazaar 12/13/2014 Crestwood Elementary School
- Craft Lab 12/13/2014 Alicia Ashman Library
- Bird and Nature Walks - December 21 12/21/2014 Warner Park
- Bird and Nature Walks - December 28 12/28/2014 Eagle Heights Community Garden
- Animation for Film 12/30/2014 Central Library
Go to the City Event Calendar for more fun City and Community events!
Mayor Soglin's Recent Blog Posts
- My Brother's Keeper Local Action Summit
- The Madison Scouts in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- President Obama's Action on Immigration and Madison's Reaction
- Honoring Simpson Street
- Madison: The Best City for Successful Aging
- Global Entrepreneurship Week
- East Johnson Street is Open!
- Watch Madison on C-SPAN this Weekend
- Safe Streets
- My Brother's Keeper