SERVICE CHANGES APPROVED
Effective: Sunday, August 23
On Wednesday, June 10, the City of Madison Transit and Parking Commission approved a modified set of service changes to Routes
6, 10, 12, 25 & 59.
The following changes will go into effect on Sunday, August 23.
ROUTE 6 - Portage/Hayes Loop Change Heading to East Towne Mall
- Shift from using Zeir Rd. and East Towne Blvd. to using E. Washington Ave. to Independence Ln.
- West end of route expanded to serve UW Health-Digestive Clinic.
- Service along Division, Rutledge and Spaight streets eliminated.
- Trips added to schedule that only operate when UW classes are in session.
- Other schedule adjustments to balance passenger loads with other routes.
ROUTE 12 - Service Removed From Waunona Way Loop
- Due to low ridership, the service loop north of W. Broadway and west of Lake Point Dr. (operating on Fayette Ave., Waunona Way, and Frazier Ave.) will be eliminated.
In response to customer feedback, changes to Route 25 were revised. The following revised changes were approved and will go into effect on Monday, August 24:
- AM and PM trips to/from the Capitol Square will remain.
- Trips starting/ending at East Towne Mall will be eliminated. Service is now available on Route 26.
- Shortened loop in The American Center to help keep buses on time.
- Minor schedule adjustments. Time point moved from Crescent Rd. & Sentinel Pass to Executive and Market Place.
- Buses will use new roads, Spoke and Sprocket, to provide direct service to and from the Allied Drive/Dunn’s Marsh neighborhoods and Star Cinema.
- No bus stop changes
fall schedule information
Updated Ride Guides, System Maps and Google Map data are being developed. Information is expected to be posted online at the end of July. Printed information will be available on buses in the first weeks of August.