Monday, September 19, 2016 - 11:48am
Panel Discussion on Issues Facing Our City
Ald. Samba Baldeh has scheduled a community meeting for District 17 residents on Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 4402 E. Washington Avenue.
The forum will be facilitated by Karl van Lith from the City of Madison and will include representatives from the community and law enforcement:
- Eric Upchurch - YGB | Opportunity Inc.
- Joe Balles - Madison Community Policing Foundation
- Joey Rosas - Wright Middle School | Social Worker
- Margarita Northrup - Sandburg PTO president
- Sheri Carter – Alder, District 14, Madison Common Council
Residents will then gather to provide insights into the strengths and challenges of the community and ask questions to panelist.
“In a democratic society, everyone has to be represented. Coming together and listening to different perspectives is a step toward the understanding we need to work together for the common good” said Ald. Samba Baldeh.
“I think we mostly all agree on what makes for a good life and community. People want to feel safe at home and in public space, want to provide for themselves and their families. We don't necessarily agree about the way to arrive at those conclusions but we need to meet face to face, listen to each other, and talk, in order to develop the understanding we need to work together. This meeting is an important step in us as a community understanding and respecting the range of perspectives.”
- Ald. Samba Baldeh, District 17, (608) 501-1424, firstname.lastname@example.org