Car Hits House, Dislodges Gas Meter
Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 5:25am
City of Madison Fire Department responded to 2437 Superior St. shortly before 8:00 this morning after a car left the street and crashed into the front of the house at that address.
The impact dislodged the gas meter at the front corner, causing a gas leak.
Firefighters from Engine Company 10 shut off the gas and cut power to the house. No one was home at the time of the crash and no one was injured.
MGE was called to the scene to work on the gas line and put in a new meter.
Firefighters began evacuation of neighbors until the gas line was found, but evacuation was halted once the gas was shut off.
Firefighters remained at the scene to ventilate the home and assess structural damage to the house.Contacts:
- Lori Wirth, (608) 266-5947