Cause of Dixon Street Fire - Broken Match Head Ignites Combustibles
Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:06am
The cause of the Dixon Street fire, which occurred on Friday, March 25th, just after midnight, was the result of the occupant attempting to light a candle. The match head broke off igniting combustibles in a nearby chair, activating the smoke alarm. The occupant tried to extinguish the fire, causing 2nd degree burns to his body and was transported to the UW Burn Center.
The building owner was compliant with the Smoke Alarm Ordinance.
The fire caused $50,000 damage.Contacts:
- Bernadette Galvez, 608-261-9844