City of Madison Launches Redesign of City Website
December 19, 2013
Learn about the new City of Madison.com
We are pleased to announce the release of the newly redesigned City of Madison website. The new site has a fresh new look and feel, improved navigation, and is in responsive design. Responsive design automatically formats the site for the type of device you are using (Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Smart Phone). This project is part of the City’s ongoing efforts to enhance the quality and availability of information and resources.
Some of the highlights include:
- A new homepage that emphasizes the most frequently requested content, current news and events
- Navigation and topics have been structured to accommodate the way visitors typically request, search for, and access information about the City
- A streamlined search engine which provides enhanced search results
- New community event calendar which gives the ability for non-profits, community groups and neighborhood associations to post events
- Social sharing capabilities on every page
- Feedback forms where customers can let us know if content is useful or outdated
- Improved City Event calendar and new mapping abilities
We are launching the new City site in phases. The first phase included the City core site, Mayor’s Office, ePayment, Police Department, Economic Development, Report a Problem and the City Assessor’s Office. In the next phase, we will be launching the CDA Housing, Community Development, Water Utility and Fire Department redesigned websites.
Feel free to browse around, and if you have questions, leave a comment on our web comment form. Let us know of broken links or any other suggestions, so we can continue to improve the site.
- Paul Kronberger, Chief Information Officer, City of Madison , 608-266-4202