Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 4:33am
Household Hazardous Waste Site will be closed on Wednesday, July 4th
The Clean Sweep Program for recycling household hazardous waste will be closed on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 for the holiday.
• Normal summer hours of operation are on Tuesdays through Saturdays from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• The site is located on 2302 Fish Hatchery Road in Madison, on the corner of Fish Hatchery and Badger Roads, behind the Dane County Highway Garage Building on the north end of the property.
• Due to a redesign/reconstruction of Fish Hatchery Road, please use the Badger Road entrance.
• Leaving materials at the site when it is closed is illegal and can lead to a $2000 fine.
The Clean Sweep Program provides an opportunity for residents of Dane County to safely dispose of household hazardous materials, free of charge. The Product Exchange offers high quality and usable products brought to Clean Sweep by members of the public and offered free of charge.
For more information on Clean Sweep programs, please refer to our web site at www.danecountycleansweep.com, or call our information line at (608) 243-0368. Let us help you to keep Madison and Dane County's environment clean and healthy.
- Jeff Golden, (608) 243-0302