Clean Sweep Household Hazardous Waste Site Announces 2010 Season Opening
Monday, April 19, 2010 - 6:01am
Site Open on Saturday May 1st
The Clean Sweep Program for recycling household hazardous waste will open its 2010 season on Saturday, May 1st, 2010.
• Normal hours of operation are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• The site is located on 2302 Fish Hatchery Road in Madison, on the corner of Fish Hatchery and Badger Roads.
• The last day of the season will be Saturday, October 30th 2010.
• Please remember that leaving materials at the site when it is closed is illegal and can lead to a $2000 forfeiture.
The Clean Sweep Program provides an opportunity for residents of Dane County to safely dispose of household hazardous materials, free of charge. The Product Exchange offers high quality and usable products brought into Clean Sweep free of charge.
The Small Business Collection Program accepts materials from small businesses and local units of government. These materials are accepted on Thursday mornings by appointment. Prior arrangements need to be made before bringing materials to the site, and there is a per pound charge for materials brought to the program. Business owners are reminded that they need to allow enough time to request registration materials and to submit an inventory of the materials for recycling. Registration is available on our web site at www.danecountycleansweep.com or by calling Dave Radisewitz, the Clean Sweep Coordinator, at 243-0347.
The Dane County Clean Sweep program did not receive DATCP grant funding for 2010. In past years, DATCP funding allowed for a 50% cost reduction in disposal costs for agricultural related businesses (Agricultural VSQGs), and a 100% cost reduction for Dane County farmers for the disposal of agricultural chemicals. Without this funding, Agricultural VSQGs will be charged full price for the materials they drop off. The Dane County Clean Sweep program will still be offering the 100% cost reduction for Dane County farmers.
For more information on Clean Sweep programs, please refer to our web site at www.danecountycleansweep.com, or call our information line at (608) 243-0368.
- Dave Radisewitz(608) 243-0347
- Jeff Golden(608) 243-0302