Elver Park Fireworks on July 3 - will go on as planned
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 9:47am
The 2012 City of Madison Elver Park fireworks, presented by Woodman's Food Markets, is Tuesday July 3, 2012 with fireworks scheduled for 9:30p.m.
Madison Parks and Madison Fire Department will remain in communication throughout the week and on the day of the event. In the event that conditions will not allow for the fireworks show, the cancellation call will be made by Tuesday, 8pm and information will be sent to local media outlets, posted on the city website, Facebook and twitter.
The Elver Park Fireworks Show is a wonderful way to get together with friends and family to simply relax and enjoy the evening as the fireworks light up the sky.
"Bring your families down to enjoy the evening at one of Madison's premiere west side parks, and a spectacular fireworks display," says Kevin Briski, Madison Parks Superintendent. "We thank Woodman's Food Markets for the continued sponsorship of this celebration event."
1. We encourage you to be green. There is limited parking - so it is a good time to bike or walk to the park.
2. Guests can bring a picnic and enjoy Elver Park beginning at 7pm. (Please clean up after your picnic and party).
3. For your safety, guests may not enter the fenced fireworks fall zone.
4. Alcohol, fireworks, sparklers, glass or grilling are not permitted.
5. Please be responsible for yourself and your surroundings.
6. There will be food vendors located at the old shelter.
7. The disc golf course and tennis courts will close by noon the day of the event and will not reopen until the next day.
8. Handicapped parking is available in the front lot near the ‘new' shelter.
9. Cars will not be allowed to leave the parking lot until 30 minutes after the fireworks end to ensure that the guests walking home are safe as they exit the park.
If you'd like to volunteer for the Elver Park fireworks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Whitmore