Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:15am
Enjoy the city's fireworks celebration!
Extend your family's 4th of July Stay-cation and keep the fun going with a special fireworks show at Elver Park.
The 2011 City of Madison Elver Park fireworks, presented by Woodman's Food Markets, is Tuesday July 5, 2011 with fireworks scheduled for 9:30p.m.
The Elver Park Fireworks Show is a wonderful way to get together with friends and family to simply relax and enjoy the evening as the fireworks light up the sky.
"We encourage everyone to bring their families down to enjoy the evening at one of Madison's premiere west side parks, and a spectacular fireworks display." Mayor Paul Soglin
In the event of rain, the fireworks may be postponed. The final call will be made by 8pm and information will be sent to local media outlets.
1. We encourage you to be green. Bike or walk to the park (limited parking available).
2. Guests can bring a picnic and enjoy Elver Park beginning at 7pm. (Please clean up after your picnic and party).
3. For your safety, guests may not enter the fenced fireworks fall zone.
4. Alcohol, fireworks, sparklers, glass or grilling are not permitted.
5. Please be responsible for yourself and your surroundings.
If you'd like to volunteer the day of the event or on Wednesday to clean up the park, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the event, please visit the Parks website.
- Laura Whitmore608-266-5949
- Anne Whisner608-267-4919