Food Cart Fire at Taste of Madison
Sunday, September 4, 2011 - 1:15am
The Taste of Madison ended early for one vendor when fire damaged his food cart.
City of Madison firefighters were called to 10 East Main St. at 8:12 p.m. Saturday.
On arrival, Ladder Company 1 found a food service trailer with smoke coming from a cooking vent and the eaves of the roof at the rear of the trailer. The owner said he noticed the smoke as he was using his fryer. He shut down the fryer and moved a propane tank from the area.
Firefighters cut through the metal skin on the exterior of trailer. The metal covered plywood walls that had caught on fire. Crews extinguished the fire and turned the trailer back over to the owner. There were no injuries and no damage estimate was available.Contacts:
- Lori Wirth, (608) 575-4943