Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 4:36am
Due to Sundays' heavy rain, many city sidewalks are icy. Free sand is available for Madison residents at sites throughout the city. This sand is intended for the use of individual Madison residents and not for large volume users such as contractors and apartment management firms.
• Sycamore Park (Parking lot off Sycamore Av.)
• Monona Golf Course (Monona and E. Dean)
• Olbrich Park (Softball parking lot off of Walter Street)
• Reindahl Park (Portage Avenue parking lot)
• Warner Park (Softball parking lot near N. Sherman Avenue)
• School Road Waste Oil Site (At the intersection of School and Wheeler Roads)
• Demetral Park (Softball parking lot off of Sixth Street)
• Tenney Park (In the beach parking lot off of Sherman Avenue)
• Garner Park (Parking lot off of Rosa Road)
• Elver Park (Softball parking lot off McKenna Boulevard)
• Brittingham Park (Boathouse parking lot)
• Glenway Golf Course (Parking lot off Speedway Road)
• Spring Harbor Parking Lot (The corner of Norman Way and Lake Mendota Drive)
• Yard Waste Site, 402 South Point Road
"Residents are asked to get sand from these locations and not to come to the Streets Division facilities at 1501 W. Badger Rd or 4602 Sycamore Av," Streets Division spokesperson George Dreckmann said. "We have too much equipment moving around our facilities so it is dangerous for individuals to use our yards for sand."
The sand is mixed with small amounts of salt to prevent it from freezing.
- George Dreckmann267-2626