Thursday, June 7, 2012 - 11:17am
Not only is Goodman Pool, 325 W. Olin Ave, opening on Friday, June 8 at 4p.m. - but the Madison Parks beaches will also have some pre-season open hours this hot weekend.
• BB Clarke Beach, 835 Spaight St.
• Olbrich Park Beach, 3527 Atwood Ave
• Tenney Park Beach, 1414 E. Johnson St.
• Vilas Park Beach, 702 S. Randall St.
• Bernies Beach, 901 Gilson St.
• Esther Beach, 2802 Waunona Way
• James Madison Park Beach, 614 E. Gorham St.
• Olin Park Beach, 1156 Olin-Turville Court
• Spring Harbor Beach, 1918 Norman Way
• Warner Park Beach, 2930 N. Sherman Ave.
Pre-season beach hours:
• Fri., June 8: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services from 2p.m. - 7p.m.
• Sat., June 9 - Sun., June 10: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 11a.m. - 7p.m. & Neighborhood Beaches will have lifeguard services from 12:30p.m. - 4:30p.m.
• Mon., June 11 - Tues., June 12: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 2p.m. - 7p.m.
Regular Season Hours - Daily:
Beginning Wednesday, June 13, Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 11a.m. - 7p.m. and Neighborhood Beaches will have lifeguard services 12:30p.m. - 4:30p.m.
Please remember that Madison Parks provides the lifeguard services for the Madison Park public beaches and the water quality conditions are monitored by Public Health Madison & Dane County. Please be sure to check Public Health Madison & Dane County Beach Conditions for daily closings and condition reports.
Cypress Spray Park, 902 Magnolia Ave. - opens June 8
Cypress Spray Park will open June 8 for the summer season today for a free, safe, and fun place for kids to cool off. The park has low-spray water features for toddlers and cascading water features for adolescents. The spray area will be open from 11a.m. to 7p.m. daily throughout the summer.
- Laura Whitmore266-5949