Madison Beaches Opening Up for Memorial Day Weekend
Friday, May 25, 2012 - 7:44am
Looking for a way to beat the heat this weekend? Madison beaches will be open for those looking to keep cool this hot Memorial Day weekend. The four regional Madison Park public beaches will provide lifeguard services. Friday - Sunday, noon - 4p.m. On u
BB Clarke Beach, 835 Spaight St.
Olbrich Park Beach, 3527 Atwood Ave
Tenney Park Beach, 1414 E. Johnson St.
Vilas Park Beach, 702 S. Randall St.
Bernies Beach, 901 Gilson St.
Esther Beach, 2802 Waunona Way
James Madison Park Beach, 614 E. Gorham St.
Olin Park Beach, 1156 Olin-Turville Court
Spring Harbor Beach, 1918 Norman Way
Warner Park Beach, 2930 N. Sherman Ave.
Pre-season beach hours:
• May 25 - May 28: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services from Noon - 4p.m.
• Fri., June 8: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services from 2p.m. - 7p.m.
• Sat., June 9 - Sun., June 10: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 11a.m. - 7p.m. & Neighborhood Beaches will have lifeguard services from 12:30p.m. - 4:30p.m.
• Mon., June 11 - Tues., June 12: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 2p.m. - 7p.m.
Regular Season Hours - Daily:
Beginning Wednesday, June 13, Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 11a.m. - 7p.m. and Neighborhood Beaches will have lifeguard services 12:30p.m. - 4:30p.m.
Please remember that Madison Parks provides the lifeguard services for the Madison Park public beaches and the water quality conditions are monitored by Public Health Madison & Dane County. Please be sure to check Public Health Madison & Dane County Beach Conditions for daily closings and condition reports.
Goodman Pool, 325 Olin Ave. - will open on Friday, June 8
Staff is busy getting ready for the opening of Goodman Pool on June 8.
Goodman Pool pre-season hours. Goodman Pool will be opening for the season at Friday, June 8, 4p.m. - 8p.m. The first week's schedule is as follows: June 9 and 10, noon - 7p.m.; Monday, June 11, 4p.m. - 8p.m.; Tuesday, June 12 through Friday June 15, 12:30 - 8p.m. On June 16, our regularly posted schedule will begin. Dive in everyone for some summer fun!
• Lap Swim times begin June 11.
• Swimming Lessons (Session I) begin June 18! Now is a great time to sign up for swimming lessons - they are filling up fast! In fact - some already are full - so sign up today!
• Are you a Master Swimmer? Masters swimming is an organized, coached workout program promoting fitness for adults through the sport of swimming. It's open to all adult swimmers who are dedicated to improving their fitness through swimming.
• Goodman Pool Waves Swim Team - Trying to keep the kids involved over the long vacation? Join Madison's only public pool All-City League Swim Team: the Goodman Pool Waves.
Cypress Spray Park, 902 Magnolia Ave.
Cypress Spray Park will open June 8 for the summer season today for a free, safe, and fun place for kids to cool off. The park has low-spray water features for toddlers and cascading water features for adolescents. The spray area will be open from 11a.m. to 7p.m. daily throughout the summer.
Remember to ‘Like' us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter
- Laura Whitmore, 608-266-5949