Metro Transit Service Changes Go Into Effect on Sunday, August 24
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 10:24am
Metro Transit service changes go into effect on Sunday, August 24.
- A new Route 49 serving the Swan Creek neighborhood in Fitchburg.
- Increased weekday Route 50 service. Service now runs every 30 minutes.
- Middleton service has been restructured. Route 74 has been eliminated. Routes 70, 71 and 72 have been realigned to improve on-time performance. As part of this realignment, the Middleton Transfer Point location has been eliminated.
- Updated Route 31 weekend service which now serves the Dutch Mill Park and Ride.
- Revised Route 59 to better connect Belmar and Allied neighborhoods with the Orchard Pointe Shopping Center.
- Increased evening service on Route 26.
- Revised evening service on Route 19.
Minor schedule and service adjustments have also been made to most routes. Bus connections have also been updated. Riders are encouraged to check the "comes from route" and "becomes route" columns in their new schedules.
Additionally, to help speed up travel times across the Isthmus, bus stop locations have been revised on East Johnson and Gorham streets.
All Metro riders are encouraged to plan ahead and check their trips before riding next week. Plan trips on Google Maps or at mymetrobus.com/updates.
New Metro Ride Guides and System Maps are now available on all fixed-route buses.
For more information, contact the Metro customer service center at (608) 266-4466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Metro Customer Service , 608-266-4466, email@example.com