Metro Transit Service on Tuesday, January 7 - Special Service From Overnight to Daytime Homeless Shelters - Warming Buses
Monday, January 6, 2014 - 5:22pm
Metro Transit has not experienced any issues with the extreme cold and plans to continue to operate its regularly scheduled weekday service on Tuesday, January 7.
Service Between Overnight and Daytime Homeless Shelters
Tuesday, January 7 - Starts at 5:52 AM
Due to the extreme cold weather, Metro Transit will be operating special service on Tuesday, January 7 from two overnight homeless shelter locations at St. John’s Lutheran Church and First United Methodist to the daytime shelter at Grace Episcopal Church.
Service will start at 5:52 AM. The last trip will leave St. John’s Church at 7:15 AM. A map and service schedule is available here.
Note: Van service from Grace Episcopal Church to overnight shelters at St. John's Luther Church and First Methodist Church will be provided Monday and Tuesday nights from 8:00 PM - 9:30 PM.
Warming Buses on Tuesday
Passengers waiting for buses at transfer points can board warming buses Tuesday morning from 5:30 AM - 9:30 AM at the East, West, South and North transfer points. Depending on the weather, warming buses may again be available Tuesday afternoon.
Travel Tips During Extreme Cold Weather Conditions
Metro offers the following tips when traveling during extremely cold weather.
- Be sure to dress warmly when traveling.
- Plan your trip ahead of time before heading outside to wait for your bus. Plan your trip on Google Maps, check your Ride Guide or call Metro’s customer service center at (608) 266-4466 before you travel.
- Track your bus using BusRadar-Madison (download from Google Play), Mobile UW (download from Google Play/iTunes), or other available smart phone apps. Visit mymetrobus.com/apps for a complete list.
- Add Metro’s customer service center number (608) 266-4466 into your cell phone before leaving for your stop. If you've been standing at your stop for a long period of time, call to check on your bus.
- Stay informed. Sign up for text and email alerts at mymetrobus.com/alert. Or visit mymetrobus.com for complete service information. Follow @mymetrobus on Twitter.
For more information, contact Metro’s customer service center at (608) 266-4466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mick Rusch, 608-266-4466