Metro Transit to Hold Public Hearing to Discuss Proposed Changes to Paratransit Service
Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 10:46am
Wednesday, October 11; 6:00 PM
Proposed Paratransit changes include:
- Fares for all paratransit rides increased to $4.00 per trip.
- Elimination of paratransit convenience tickets. (Except for agency contracted rides.) Cash fares only.
- Transition to “curb-to-curb” service only. “Door-to-door” service becomes available only as necessary due to a disability. Each rider will be evaluated to make this determination.
- Elimination of “leave attended” ride options.
With this funding no longer available, Metro financially sees the need to adjust its services to a level closer to what is required by the ADA.
Interested persons are encouraged to attend the public hearing to give feedback or contact Metro directly with their comments. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all verbal and written comments received.
Metro Transit Public Hearing Comments
1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201
Madison WI 53703
The Madison Central Library is accessible to people who use mobility aids and is equipped with assistive listening devices. If you need an interpreter, translator, materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access this service, activity or program, please contact Metro Transit at (608) 266-4904 at least three business days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact the Metro customer service center at (608) 266-4466 or email@example.com.
Complete information is available in mailers sent to all paratransit riders during the last week of September or at mymetrobus.com/publichearing.
- Metro Customer Service Center608firstname.lastname@example.org