Metro Transit to Hold Public Hearing to Discuss Service Changes
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - 4:53pm
On Wednesday, April 24, Metro Transit and the City of Madison Transportation Commission will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. to discuss potential service updates proposed to go into effect in August.
Location: Madison Municipal Building, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. — Room 206
Proposed changes include:
- Route 6 - Schedule adjustments
- Route 11 - Service shift from State St./Capitol Square
- Route 11 - Service shift from Science Dr.
- Route 23 - New service to Sun Prairie.
- Route 25 - Restructure of limited stop zone
- Route 26 - Service shifted from Wall St.
- Route 26 - Schedule adjustments
- Route 29: - Shift from Packers Ave.
- Route 29 - Shift from Lower State St.
- Route 29: Restructure of limited stop zone on E. Washington Ave.
- Routes 31, 34, 39 - Elimination of Routes 34 and 39, and restructure of Route 31 to provide all day service to the Owl Creek Neighborhood, Dutch Mill Park & Ride and the new Pinney Branch Library.
- Route 84 - Route operates every 25 minutes resulting in one additional trip
- Bus Stop Changes - East Washington/Dickinson
- Supplemental School Service - Two middle schools (Cherokee and Jefferson) transition to yellow bus service at the start of the 2019-2020 school year.
Interested persons are encouraged to attend the public hearing to give feedback. Consideration will be given to views and comments expressed at the public hearing as well as to all written comments received.
Comments can be submitted at mymetrobus.com/feedback. Written comments can also be sent to: Metro Transit Public Hearing Comments, 1245 E. Washington Ave., Suite 201, Madison WI 53703 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact the Metro customer service center at (608) 266-4466 or email@example.com.
- Metro Customer Service Center608firstname.lastname@example.org