MONONA TERRACE 2011 AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Monday, January 9, 2012 - 4:28am
Madison, WI - Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is pleased to announce that it has been the recipient of numerous awards and certifications both regionally and nationally in 2011.
• The 2011 Prime Site Award by Facilities & Destinations magazine, a national publication. This was the ninth straight year for Monona Terrace to receive this award.
• A special jury recognition was received from the Association of Architecture Organizations Golden Cubes Awards for the program Terrace Town Going Green. The awards bring attention and awareness to the tremendous work being done each day in the area of design education. This recognition was based on robust community participation, types of partnerships, and scale of participation.
• The 2011 Readers' Choice Award at the Platinum level for Best Conference Center in Wisconsin by Corporate Report Wisconsin.
• A Citation of Distinguished Service to the professional of architecture was awarded to MT staffers, Heather Sabin and Misty Lohrentz, by the The American Institute of Architects Wisconsin for their work with the Wright Design Series.
• Best Indoor Reception Site for the Best of 2011 readers' choice awards for Wisconsin Bride Magazine
• Monona Terrace maintained LEED-EB silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council and certification from Travel Green Wisconsin.
Monona Terrace is located at One John Nolen Drive in Madison and is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with guided daily tours at 1 p.m. A gift shop and a casual gourmet café are also on site. For additional information and hours, call (608) 261-4000, TTY (608) 261-4150 or visit mononaterrace.com.
Monona Terrace hosts approximately 650 events each year resulting in over $35 million in annual economic impact for the region. In addition, the center produces and sponsors free or low cost community events that serve over 40,000 people each year. The Frank Lloyd Wright designed facility has a mission to be a high quality, customer focused convention and meeting facility that serves as a community gathering place, a tourism destination, and a catalyst for economic activity for the City of Madison, Dane County and the State of Wisconsin.
- Fran Puleo, 608-261-4011