Monday, March 31, 2014 - 10:00am
Spend your morning having fun exercising your mind on April 5!
Kids can discover science, technology, engineering and math in fun, hand-on ways at the STEM Fair on April 5, 9:30 am – noon, at the Goodman South Madison Library, 2222 S. Park Street.
Navigant staff members from the Verona office are hosting the fair at Goodman South Madison Library as part of the company’s Community Connections Day. Multiple learning stations will offer opportunities for children to:
- Use MG&E’s Pedal Power Generator, a hands-on legs-on tool to experience how much human power it requires to produce electricity for a variety of different loads including incandescent bulbs, LED bulbs, CFL bulbs, fans, radio and cup heater.
- Experience the wonder of robotics through a Lego Robotics demonstration.
- Discover the “Science of Goo” while learning about properties of fluids through this hands-on experience.
- Dissect an owl pellet to learn about food chains, what owls eat, and how all life in the forest is interrelated.
- See how to create a battery using food and use it to power a light bulb.
- Learn why it is important to only use electricity safely by seeing what it can do to our bodies if used incorrectly. This will be demonstrated by using electricity to cook a hotdog. Feel free to try a bite, too!
Last year 34 Navigant offices around the country took part in the company’s annual Community Service Day challenge. They participated in a wide variety of activities, including local fundraising walks, preparing a community garden, rehabilitating a local park, serving in a soup kitchen, and more.
About Madison Public Library
Madison Public Library’s tradition of promoting education, literacy and community involvement has enriched the City of Madison for more than 137 years. Nine locations throughout the City of Madison are open six days per week and welcome over 2.35 million visits each year. Visit the library online at www.madisonpubliclibrary.org to learn more.
About Navigant Consulting, Inc.
Navigant is a specialized, global expert services firm that helps impact our clients’ ability to create and protect value in the face of critical business risks and opportunities. Our experts have deep industry knowledge in Energy, Healthcare, Construction and Financial Services and technical expertise in Disputes & Investigations, Economics, Financial Advisory and Management Consulting. Learn more at navigant.com