NEW RECRUITS TO BE SWORN IN MONDAY
February 17, 2010
MPD WELCOMES 5 EXPERIENCED OFFICERS
The Madison Police Department (MPD) will swear in five new recruits Monday, February 22, 2010. All are Wisconsin State Certified Law Enforcement Officers, and they are coming to the MPD from nearby departments. As such, these recruits will participate in the 2010 Accelerated Academy: a shortened version of the department's traditional six-month academy. These officers are expected to be ready for solo tours of duty by early summer:
1. Bernard Albright, age 39, 11 years experience with the Verona Police Department, graduated from UW-Oshkosh with a Communications degree
2. Eric Disch, age 28, 2.75 years experience with the Fitchburg Police Department, 4 years experience with UW-Whitewater Police, graduated from Madison Area Technical College (MATC) with a Criminal Justice degree.
3. Clint Spade, age 29, 6 years experience with the Fitchburg Police Department where he was a K-9 officer, graduated from UW-Oshkosh with a Criminal Justice degree
4. Daniel Swanson, age 31, 5 years experience with the University Police Department in Madison, former Janesville Police Officer, graduated from UW-Oshkosh with a Criminal Justice degree
5. Kurt Wege, age 30, 3 years experience with Town of Madison Police, graduated from UW-Stevens Point with a Forestry Management degree
The new recruits will be sworn in at 8:30 a.m. The ceremony will be conducted in the Community Room of the Central District located in the City County Building, 211 South Carroll Street.
- Joel DeSpain, 266-4897