Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - 9:45am
Saturday October 20th, 2007
Madison WI - October 9, 2007 -- The Clean Sweep Program for recycling household hazardous waste will conduct a satellite collection event at the Sun Prairie Recycling Center located at 1798 South Bird Street on Saturday October 20th from 9:00 a.m. through 1:00 p.m. This event is open to Dane County households, farmers and agricultural business only.
Household Waste (No pre-registration is required)
Clean Sweep will be collecting the following materials free of charge:
• Oil-based or solvent-based paints;
• Solvents such as finish removers, stain, shellac, varnish, thinner, turpentine, and furniture strippers;
• Pesticides & poisons including mercury (exception no lamps), cyanide, stump remover, pool chemicals, herbicides, insecticides, pet pesticides, weed-n-feed or pest control fertilizers, and PCB containing ballasts;
• Household products containing organic solvents including pastes, polishes, and caulks that are combustible or flammable;
• Ignitables and aerosols including full or partially full aerosol cans, 1-pound propane cylinders, gasoline, kerosene, fuel oil, and solvent-based driveway sealant;
• Non-automotive type rechargeable batteries including nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd), Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH), Lithium Ion (Li-ion) and Small Sealed Lead (Pb).
The following materials will not be accepted:
• Latex paint
• 20-pound propane cylinders
• Fluorescent lamps, and electronic wastes
Agricultural Waste (Pre-registration is required)
Clean Sweep will also accept agriculturally generated wastes. There will be no cost to farmers and agricultural businesses will only pay half the normal business cost for disposal of these wastes, thanks to a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. All farmers and agriculture-related businesses from Dane County are invited to participate. All Agricultural Clean Sweep participants must be pre-registered by 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 19th, for the DeForest event. Registration is available by calling Dave Radisewitz at 243-0347.
There will not be a product exchange at this event.
For more information on Clean Sweep programs, please refer to our web site at http://www.danecountycleansweep.com, or call our information line at 243-0368.
- Dave Radisewitz, 608- 243-0347
- Jeff Golden, 608-243-0302