Public Notice to Water Utility Customers
Friday, August 17, 2018 - 8:50am
Madison Water Utility has filed for an overall 30.44 percent revenue increase. Any increase would only apply to water and fire protection charges on the Madison Municipal Services Bill, which represent about 1/3 of the total bill. Average residential customers would see a $7.40 per month increase in their bill if new rates are approved.
The last increase in Madison Water Utility rates was in September, 2015.
The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin will hold a public hearing on the rate application on Wednesday, August 29. Details are below.
Rate Application Public Hearing
Madison Water Utility has filed an application with the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW) to increase water rates. The increase is necessary because of increases in operation and maintenance expenses and significant annual investments in water infrastructure since the last water rate case in September of 2015.
The total increase in water revenues requested is $10,337,086, which will result in an estimated overall increase of 30.44% over the PSCW 2018 revenue estimate.
If the request is granted, the water bill for general service and public fire protection service for an average residential customer with a ⅝-inch meter who uses 4,000 gallons of water per month will increase by $7.40 per month from $19.51 to $26.91, or 37.9%. Please note, there may be other proposals submitted which will have different increases.
A public hearing on the application has been scheduled for Wednesday, August 29, 2018, at 2:00 p.m., in PSC hearing room S105-1st floor, Public Service Commission, 4822 Madison Yards Way, Madison, Wis. Scheduling questions regarding this hearing may be directed to the PSCW at (608) 266-3766.
PUBLIC COMMENT: A person may testify in this proceeding without becoming a party and without attorney representation. A person may submit this testimony in only one of the following ways:
- Web Comment: Go to the Commission’s web site at http://psc.wi.gov, click on “File a Comment” button. On the next page, select the “File a comment” link that appears for docket number 3280-WR-114. Web comments shall be received no later than Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
- Oral Comment: Spoken testimony at the public session.
- Written Comment: Instead of speaking at the hearing, write out a comment and submit it at the public session.
- Mail Comment: All comments submitted by U.S. mail shall be received no later than Tuesday, August 28, 2018. A mail comment shall include the phrase “Docket 3280-WR-114 Comments” in the heading, and shall be addressed to:
All documents in this docket are filed on the Commission’s Electronic Regulatory Filing (ERF) system. To view these documents: (1) go to the Commission’s web site at http://psc.wi.gov, (2) enter “3280-WR-114” in the box labeled “Link Directly to a Case,” and (3) select “GO."
If you have any questions, please contact Madison Water Utility at (608) 266-4651.
- Media Inquiries: Amy Barrilleaux(608) email@example.com