Friday, November 11, 2011 - 5:11am
To facilitate a clearer and more productive process for the public to provide testimony to the City Council on the 2012 Capital and Operating Budgets the following is the schedule that will be used for public testimony and Council budget deliberations. Please note that early public comment is welcomed at the Tuesday, November 15 and Wednesday, November 16 meetings. Early Public Comment is provided for persons who have reasons to leave the Council meeting early, due to health, transportation scheduling issues or child-care needs. The Council can pose questions to early speakers.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 * 5:30 p.m.
Room 201, City-County Building
• Capital Budget public hearing - Testimony limited to 5 minutes total on the Capital Budget
• Capital Budget deliberations by Council and adjourn to Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 * 5:30 p.m.
Room 260, Madison Municipal Building
(Note: the location may be moved back to Room 201, City-County Building dependent upon the County Board budget deliberations on Monday, November 14, 2011)
• Operating Budget public hearing - Testimony limited to 5 minutes total on the Operating Budget
• Operating Budget deliberations by Council and final vote on the 2012 City Budget or adjourn to Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. if deliberations have not been completed.
Thursday, November 17, 2011* 5:30 p.m.,
Room 260, Madison Municipal Building (if needed)
• No public testimony
• Continued Operating Budget deliberations and final vote on the 2012 City Budget
- Ald. Lauren Cnare, Council President, (608) 235-9179
- Ald. Shiva Bidar-Sielaff, Pres. Pro Tem, (608) 220-6986