Remodeling Project Leads to Fire
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 - 6:04pm
Fire caused $50,000 damage to a duplex at 709 Pflaum Road Tuesday night. Investigators determined that a torch was being used for a remodeling project and ignited combustibles in the work area.
A call to the 911 center reported flames through the roof of the building. Firefighters were dispatched at 8:11 PM and arrived within three minutes. Water and foam were used to extinguish the fire that damaged the roof over one side of the duplex.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported at the scene.Contacts:
- Eric Dahl, 608-279-7148