Resumes To Be Accepted to Fill 13th Aldermanic District Vacancy
Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 2:08pm
Must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014
City of Madison Common Council President, Ald. Chris Schmidt, announced today that he is accepting resumes from residents of the 13th Aldermanic District interested in filling the position vacated by former alderperson, Sue Ellingson (Ms. Ellingson resigned from the Council effective March 20, 2014).
All resumes should be mailed or delivered to:
Common Council President
Ald. Chris Schmidt
Room 417, City-County Building
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard
Madison WI 53703
Resumes must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16, 2014.
Resumes should include:
- Home telephone number
- Work telephone number
- E-mail address
- Biographical resume should include education, work, neighborhood, and civic experience
- A statement on why the applicant wishes to serve
- A statement of what the applicant wants to accomplish
- A statement if the applicant plans to run for alderperson in the Spring 2015 election
The Common Council Organizational Committee (CCOC) will review all resumes and interview applicants at a special meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. in Room 260, Madison Municipal Building (215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard). The CCOC will make a recommendation to the Common Council to be acted upon at their April 29, 2014 meeting.
The Common Council will determine at their April 8, 2014 meeting whether the person appointed will serve until the November 4, 2014 General Election or until a 13th District Alderperson is elected on April 7, 2015 and takes the official oath of office.
- Ald. Chris Schmidt, Common Council President, (608) 266-4071, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Veldran, Legislative Administrative Assistant, (608) 266-4074, email@example.com