Ride the Drive-Downtown- Sunday, June 3, 10a.m. - 3p.m.
Thu, 05/24/2012 - 11:47am
The City of Madison and Madison Parks are pleased to host Ride the Drive, presented by Trek, on Sunday, June 3 from 10am-3pm. Ride the Drive is a community event that transforms some of Madison's streets into a public promenade. During the event, roads in the five mile route are open for participants to bike, skate or walk through some of Madison's signature streets- including John Nolen Drive, East Washington, and State Street. The event is free and open to the public. Along the route, there will be activities, informational booths, musicians, food vendors and a drawing for prizes.
Ride the Drive is a festival on wheels! Along the route, there will be activities, informational booths, musicians, food vendors and a drawing prizes.
• Family Drive (Brittingham Park) feature bouncy houses, kids games, food and fun.
• Madison Parks Village (Capitol Square) features, food, vendor booths, and live music from local musicians.
• Parade Drive (John Nolen Drive/Lakeside Street) features a climbing wall, bicycle demos, games and vendor booths.
• Bike Avenue (John Nolen Drive and Wilson/under Monona Terrace) features free bike demos, a climbing wall, and Tunes in the Tunnel.
For a full listing of events, vendors and locations, please visit the Ride the Drive website.
Volunteers still needed
It's not too late to volunteer for this event. Volunteers are essential to the success of the event. Bring a friend and have twice the fun! To register please go to the Ride the Drive website.
Thank you sponsors!
The success of the event is thanks to our sponsors and supporters: Trek, Schwinn, Triple M 105.5, Charlie FM, WOLX 94.9, and UWSP Adventure Tours.
- Laura Whitmore, 608-266-5949