Sand and Ready-to-Fill Sand Bags Available to City of Madison Residents
Friday, March 22, 2019 - 3:52pm
Spring is here! While April showers bring May flowers they also have the potential to create flooding issues for homeowners. While there are currently no active flood watches or warnings, the City has stocked and opened its regular seasonal sand bag sites. Free sand and ready-to-fill bags are available to City residents at the following locations:
- Engineering Service Building – 1600 Emil Street
- Olin-Turville Park – 1156 Olin-Turville Court
- Olbrich Park Boat Launch Parking Lot – 3402 Atwood Avenue
- Spring Harbor School Parking Lot – 5417 Lake Mendota Drive
- Tenney Park Beach Parking Lot – 1254 Sherman Avenue
- Thut Park – 2630 Nana Lane
- Warner Park Beach Parking Lot – 1101 Woodward Drive
Residents are advised to bring their own shovel to load sand and bags.
Sand and bags at these locations are available to City of Madison residents only.
- Engineering Operations608-266-4430