Snow Emergency Continues For Third Evening
Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 2:13am
The City of Madison has extended the snow emergency for a third evening. Residents are asked to keep their vehicles off the street today and tonight if possible. If you must park on the street this evening you should park on the ODD house numbered side of the street. Details on winter parking restrictions are available at www.cityofmadison.com/winter. Violations of the alternate side parking restrictions during a snow emergency are punishable by a $60 fine.
Cars parked illegally on the following streets may be towed
• W. Doty St.
• W. Main St.
• W. Washington Ave.
• 10-200 blocks of W. Gilman St.
• E. Mifflin St.
• W. Mifflin St.
• N. Hancock St.
• S. Hancock St.
• N. Franklin St.
• S. Franklin St.
• N. Blair St.
• E. Johnson St. (between Blair and Baldwin)
• Wisconsin Ave. (200,300 and 500 blocks)
• 300 block of S. Henry St.
• 300 block of S. Hamilton St.
• N. Bedford St.
• S. Bedford St.
• N. Henry St.
• N. Carroll St. (300,400 and 500 blocks)
• E. Dayton St.
Residents can sign up to receive text and/or email alerts whenever a snow emergency is declared at the city's web site www.cityofmadison.com/winter. You will also get storm and plowing updates at the site or by calling 261-9111.Contacts:
- George Dreckmann, 267-2626
- Winter Parking Hotline, 261-9111