Taqueria Guadalajara Fire Started in Kitchen; $225,000 in Damages
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 2:26am
City of Madison Fire investigators have determined that Monday's fire at Taqueria Guadalajara started when a pot was left on the kitchen stove overnight. The pot melted and nearby combustible materials were ignited. The fire has been ruled unintentional.
Firefighters responded to 1033 South Park St. shortly after 7 a.m. Monday. Approaching crews observed smoke from 4 blocks away.
Total damages are estimated at $225,000. Heavy fire damage to the building is expected to reach $150,000 with another $75,000 in content loss.
Investigators praised the owners and staff of the restaurant for their cooperation in completing the investigation.Contacts:
- Lori Wirth, (608) 266-5947