Monday, March 17, 2014 - 8:30am
South, East, and West Districts targeted this week
The Madison Police Department’s Traffic Enforcement Safety Team (T.E.S.T.), in addition to other enforcement efforts, will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in the following areas:
- Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
- South District – 600 John Nolen Drive (Speed Enforcement)
- Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
- East District – US HWY 12/18/ Beltline (Speed Enforcement)
- Thursday. March 20th, 2014
- West District – Mineral Point Road (Speed Enforcement)
- The Madison Police Department is committed to improving the safety of our community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement. Although law enforcement efforts are an important part of public safety, we rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.
The Madison Police Department supports the “Zero In Wisconsin” campaign and believes that we all can make a difference. Please remember to drive safely and to “buckle up.” State law now allows law enforcement to stop a vehicle when the driver is not observed wearing a safety belt. The Madison Police Department also reminds motorists that state law requires that vehicles yield right–of-way to pedestrians in crosswalks. Remember – don’t drink and drive!
- Joel DeSpain, 266-4897, email@example.com
Tags:Traffic Enforcement Safety Team