UPDATED PROCESS Public Testimony at 2013 City Budget Deliberations
Fri, 11/02/2012 - 3:39am
(Information on public testimony has been updated as of 11/8/12)
The following is the Council's 2013 Budget Deliberations schedule and a framework for public testimony. Please note that early public comment will be welcome at the Tuesday, November 13 meeting. Early Public Comment is provided for persons who have reasons to leave the Council meeting early, due to health, transportation scheduling issues or child-care needs. The Council can pose questions to early speakers.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 5:30 p.m.
Room 201, City-County Building
• Capital AND Operating Budget Public Hearings - Each registrant will have up to 5 minutes total on the Capital Budget and 5 minutes total on the Operating Budget
• Start Capital and Operating Budget deliberations by Council and adjourn to Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. if deliberations are not completed
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 - 5:30 p.m.
Room 260, Madison Municipal Building
(Note: the location for this meeting may be moved back to Room 201, City-County Building, dependent upon the County Board budget deliberations on Monday, November 12, 2012)
• No public testimony (unless Council does not start budget deliberations on Tuesday November 13, then public testimony may continue from the previous evening)
• Continue Capital and/or Operating Budget deliberations by Council and final vote on the 2013 City Budget or adjourn to Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. if deliberations have not been completed.
Thursday, November 15, 2012 - 5:30 p.m.
Room 260, Madison Municipal Building (if needed)
• No public testimony
• Continued Capital and/or Operating Budget deliberations and final vote on the 2013 City Budget
- Ald. Shiva Bidar-Sielaff, Council President, (608) 220-6986
- Ald. Chris Schmidt, President Pro Tem, (608) 238-7494
- Lisa Veldran, Council Administrative Assistant, (608) 266-4074