The City of Madison Logo is a symbol of authority and jurisdiction of the City. A consistent and professional style will give a distinct direction and focus to City communications. This consistent style will give credibility to City documents, help residents and visitors to feel secure when using City services, and provide a smooth and accessible user experience.
Misuse of the City logo may result in mistrust of the offending communication, and will weaken the City logo as a representation of a strong and cohesive City government.
- The City of Madison logo must be visible on all printed, posted, digital, and online communications and materials created by the City of Madison, Wisconsin.
- The City logo may not be used for non-city communications or materials without the written approval of the City of Madison Mayor's Office.
See APM 3-18 Use of City of Madison Logo for guidelines and restrictions.
City Logo Style Guide
- The logo may not be stretched, skewed, tilted, rotated, cropped or otherwise distorted in any way.
- The logo may not have any parts removed or any items added within 20% of the width of the logo on any side.
- The text or fonts used in the logo may not be changed in any way. The font used is Neuzeit Grotesk (NeuzeitGro), Bold
- The logo may be black, white or any solid color set, so long as it contrasts enough with its background to be legible, identifiable and accessible. See: Web Accessibility Contrast Checker. The logo may not be displayed as a pictorial image.
- The logo may not be made smaller than 1/2 inch (36 pixels) in height, with the one exception of the City of Madison internet favicon.
- The logo may be printed over background color or photographic image, but the logo must have enough contrast to be still visible and immediately identifiable.
- The logo may not be placed in a box, outline, or any other containing shape.
If you need the logo in another format or color, or have questions about appropriate use of the City logo, contact Sarah Edgerton, Web Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org