Christmas Tree Collection Begins January 3rd
December 28, 2010
Second Round Starts January 18th
Starting Monday January 3, 2011 the Streets Division will begin collecting Christmas trees. All trees will be processed at the curb with on-street chippers. These machines are expensive and can be damaged when foreign material enters the machine. To protect this equipment and the safety of our workers we ask that all residents follow these rules;
1) Remove all tree stands regardless of whether they are metal or wood.
2) Remove all light strings, ornaments and other metal objects.
3) Remove any tree bags.
4) Place trees at the street edge only.
5) If trees become buried under snow residents are asked to dig out trees.
6) Wreaths, evergreen rope, garlands, and boughs will NOT be collected with holiday trees. These items should be placed with your tan refuse cart.
Each neighborhood is scheduled for two collections. Regardless of which day your refuse is collected, have your holiday tree out by 7:00 a.m. on the following days;
FIRST ROUND Monday January 3
SECOND ROUND Tuesday January 18
Trees placed out on these days will be collected sometime during the two-week cycle, WEATHER PERMITTING. Snow and ice control will take priority.
Recorded information on Christmas tree collection is available by calling 267-2088. You can also visit the Streets Division's web site at www.cityofmadison.com/streets.
- George Dreckmann, 267-2626