No Injuries in Early Morning Apartment Fire - Updated
September 20, 2011
City of Madison fire investigators say yesterday's early morning fire 1750 Fordem Ave. started in an undercounter dishwasher.
The fire cleared the 7-story apartment building shortly after 5 a.m.
On arrival, Engine Company 3 found smoke on the first floor and residents evacuating the building. No one was injured.
The fire had mostly self-extinguished by a water line under sink that had melted and kept fire in check. Crews completed the knockdown within 10 minutes of their arrival.
No one was home at the time of the fire. The damage estimate has been revised to between $15,000 and $20,000 due to clean-up costs for the apartment where the fire started and units on either side.
- Lori Wirth, (608) 266-5947