Sand and Ready-to-Fill Sand Bags Available to City of Madison Residents
April 18, 2013
With both Lakes Mendota and Monona already exceeding their summer target maximum levels and more rain in the forecast, City officials are advising residents in low-lying, flood-prone areas to be prepared to protect their property from water damage.
Free sand and ready-to-fill sand bags are available to City of Madison residents at the following locations:
• Engineering Service Building - 1600 Emil Street
• Esther Beach Parking Lot - 2802 Waunona Way
• Olin Park Parking Lot - 1155 Olin-Turville Court
• Olbrich Park Boat Launch Parking Lot - 3527 Atwood Avenue
• Spring Harbor School Parking Lot - 1918 Norman Way
• Tenney Park Beach Parking Lot - 1254 Sherman Avenue
• Warner Park Beach Parking Lot - 1101 Woodward Drive
A map showing these locations is available on the City's web site at: www.cityofmadison.com/engineering/
Residents are advised to bring their own shovel to assist with loading sand into the bags.
Sand and bags at these locations are available to City of Madison residents only
- Engineering Operations, (608) 266-4430