WHAT IS LOTTERY DAY? This is the first day you may make a shelter reservation for the following year. Held typically on the 2nd Tuesday in November, the day begins with in-person reservations (see below), and follows with phone-in and online reservations.
- Beginning at 7:30am on November 14, 2017 and ending promptly at 7:59am, each party wishing to reserve a park shelter is given a numbered lottery ticket. The distribution takes place in the lobby of the City-County Building, outside the Parks Administrative Office (210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Rm. 104)
- Due to the random drawing process, arriving prior to 7:30am is not recommended or necessary. The building is locked until 7:30am.
- Only ONE lottery ticket is given to each party reserving a shelter. Failure to abide by this rule may forfeit your eligibility in the Lottery Day process.
- Beginning at 8:00am, random lottery tickets are drawn. This order establishes when reservations are processed.
- If you arrive after the drawing begins, you will need to wait until the Lottery Day process is complete before you may place your reservation.
- Cash, checks or credit cards (MasterCard or Visa) are accepted for your full payment, which is due at the time of processing your reservation, along with any required permits.
- Long-standing annual Special Events will be reserved prior to Lottery Day. A listing of shelters already reserved for these events will be available HERE by November 1.
- Cancellation Policy: Reservations made during the Lottery Day process will receive only a 50% refund up until 10 days prior to the reservation. Within 10 days, no refunds are provided.