Make your summer paddling a breeze by storing your canoe, kayak or paddleboard on the shores of your favorite park.
$100 Madison Residents
All storage racks are outdoors and uncovered. The annual storage period begins each year on April 1 and ends on March 31 of the following year.
How to obtain a storage rack spot for your canoe or kayak
Watercraft storage rack rules:
- Choose the park where you are interested in storing your watercraft(s).
- If space(s) is available, you can purchase a storage spot, or be put on a waiting list for that particular park. To purchase the permit storage sticker, you must bring proof of residency to the Madison Parks Administration office, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Room 104; office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
- Place the permit sticker on your watercraft on the port side where is will be visible for inspection.
- Place your watercraft in your assigned space on the boat storage rack.
If you believe your watercraft has been stolen or removed by Parks staff:
- Watercraft must not exceed 80 pounds, 18 feet in length, 42 inches in width or 24 inches in height.
- Items stored in the storage area are limited to watercraft only. No unauthorized personal property is to be stored on the premises.
- Only one watercraft is allowed in each space.
- Premises are to be left in original condition upon termination of permit period.
- Permit must be visible at all times.
- Watercraft must be fully contained within the designated space.
- Parks Staff reserves the right to cut any lock and remove any watercraft, under any condition it deems necessary for the function of the boat storage program.
- Watercraft must be secured to the boat storage rack. Owner accepts all liability for theft or damage to their property.
Call the Parks Weekend Supervisor to report at 261-9295.
Additional storage may be available at the following:
View all Canoe & Kayak Storage