SPRING HARBOR BOAT LAUNCH CLOSED: Due to flooding damage to the culvert and retaining wall area at the Spring Harbor Park boat launch, emergency construction repairs are immediately needed. Beginning Friday, October 26 the boat launch is closed and will remain closed until construction is completed. We anticipate the launch to reopen by January 1. See map below or view the LAKE ACCESS MAP for alternate locations, including at Marshall Park.
Launch your watercraft or ATV!
Madison Parks maintains a number of sight-seeing and boat launch piers throughout the city's lakefront parks. The piers are put in during the springtime and removed again in late fall.
Launch Area Parking Rules and Tips (Ordinance 8.16):
- A daily or annual Lake Access Permit is required year-round for launching a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV from a designated lake access parking lot.
- The permit is valid for the issue year through March 31 of the following year at designated launch sites in Madison, Monona and Dane County (see brochure map).
- The permit should be displayed on the inside driver's side windshield.
- The City of Madison's designated launch locations include:
- Spring Harbor
2018 Closure Notices:
- Long stalls are for parking vehicles with trailers only.
- Regular-size stalls are for parking vehicles with no trailer only.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- When the launch parking lot is full, you must find an alternative launch site
- Violators are subject to a citation.
View all Boat Launches
- Olin Park boat launch will be closed 10:00pm on Friday, August 10 through 4:00am on Sunday, August 12 due to the Great Taste of the Midwest event.
- Olin Park boat launch will be closed 4:00am to 3:00pm Saturday, August 4 due to the CrossFit Games. Raindate, with the same times: Sunday, August 5.
- Warner Park boat launch parking lot will have limited availability beginning in late August and continuing through the end of the season. Boaters should consider using alternate locations if possible.
- Visit Park Projects for more information.
Spring Harbor Park - Boat Launch
Lake Access Permit Required: Yes